counter easy hit

a little bit of who knows what

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Flossing and Jig Saw Puzzles

I just posted a silly post and here's another silly question. I wonder when other people floss their teeth? I can answer that pretty simply for most of my family. They don't!! but that definitely does not apply to me or to Kayla or maybe even to the other K in our family. For years I didn't floss much myself, but lately, my teeth are starting to get more cracks in them and food just loves to lodge in those cracks and annoy me.

So lately I have taken to flossing in the car, not just riding in the car but when I'm driving in the car!! I'll admit that it isn't the easiest thing to do to drive with my forearms on either side of the wheel as I jerkily run the floss through my teeth to dislodge the offending particles! I do stop when I think someone might see me and I try to be very careful because I can just see me kill myself in a crash and have the investigating officer wonder why on earth there's a piece of green wintergreen dental floss hanging out of my mouth!! Seriously, after swerving the other day while doing this, I'm not too sure it's a good idea for me to do it while driving at all. . .

But on to my other recent pasttime. My love for jigsaw puzzles has been rekindled this summer. Partly because T. got Mrs. Priest "into" them at Fairview and I help her sometimes and partly because I have about 3 or 4 in my closet that have been given me and they've sat there for years untouched. For the past 2 weeks I have been slaving over one that Fritha gave me a year ago. It is a picture of the sound waves of music seen as lightwaves of color in the "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy. It is circular, 600 pieces and is a jumble of squiggles of color all repeating themselves in a circular pattern 6 different times. This thing has been the worst, most difficult puzzle I've ever tackled and I almost tore it apart and quit except that I didn't want to be defeated!! So I've persevered, even staying up very late at night sometimes to conquer the mountain of the jigsaw puzzle!

Today, after spending about 3 hours on it and finally getting a little help from one of my sons, it is all but finished. I shall have to take a picture of it and post it so you can all see it's beauty (?) !

5 Comments:

  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Mrs. RF said…

    Three cheers for jigsaw puzzles, and a big NO to flossing while driving!!!!! (There are better places to do that! -not that I floss much myself!)

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger ljm said…

    Talk to Claire about the flossing..she is one of the most thorough teeth cleaners I know...

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger KMS said…

    Yes, I floss. If I'm sloppy, my dental hygienist says something to me about it, and that's embarrassing. (In fact, one time I overheard the dental hygienists talking about how gross it was to clean people's teeth when they don't get them cleaned regularly. I had never considered it from their perspective before.) Moreover, you don't floss just to remove the food particles; you floss to keep the plaque down. So says the hygienist.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Kayla said…

    Hurray for finishing crazy jig saw puzzles!

    And I can definitely relate to the whole flossing thing--people just don't realize how much their tooth brush actually misses! Just don't kill yourself while doing it, Mom.

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said…

    Maybe you should check with one of your sons, because I heard he flosses every single day now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home