counter easy hit

a little bit of who knows what

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

No, You Can't Go Canoeing!

How sad to have to inform my dear Mother on Sunday that no she couldn't go canoeing or swimming down at the lake with the young people Neil had ferried to the boat landing! The sad part is that she could not understand why on earth she couldn't go, but finally decided that she'd take my word for it. Now how on earth would you explain to a 99 year old woman who can barely totter around with her walker that she can't hop in a boat or go swimming anymore??? I just dare you to try it and see how far you get!

And me oh my, it is kind of scary lately because she's begun to think she doesn't need to use her walker anymore!! I've found her creeping along the wall with her walker left in the bathroom behind her, or even worse. . . the other night Mrs. P. went into the bathroom she shares with my Mom and what should be sitting there as big as life all by itself?? Mama's walker! And Mama was sitting in on the side of her bed far from said walker! About that time I heard their voices (11:30 p.m.) so I wandered in to investigate what was going on. Mrs. P. was trying to explain to Mama that she needed to use her walker and that she would bring it to her, but when I asked for an explanation, Mrs. P. launched into a weird explanation of a dream she thought she must have had that isn't printable here! It made no sense at all except that it was hilarious! I managed to encourage both ladies back to bed and left the room wondering if all sanity had left both women--or maybe it's close to full moon???

2 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said…

    Chuckle. I probably will never make it to that age but if I did I suppose the Moon would be blamed for much more... 8~)

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Kayla said…

    That is pretty funny! But poor Grammie, it must be tough to be old and forgetful. But then again, she's rather oblivious to how much she actually forgets, so luckily it can't bother her too much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home